A Summer Plant & Cutting Swap in LA's Art District
Calling all plant lovers! Get those shears ready and swap some of those springtime growth with other plant enthusiasts in the Los Angeles and SoCal areas!
RT1home is partnering with WYLDBNCH to bring you the WYLDBNCH x RT1home Summer Swap!
On Saturday, August 24th, come and get your swap on while getting to know your local plant community. The event will be hosted by LA plant enthusiasts Manny Soriano of @perennialpapi, Nicole Yalung of @coolestnickelplants, Katie Elyse of @monstera.maven, Jake Berkowitz of @keepyourplantson_LA, and Yza Raif of @shinyhappyleaf. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
The Summer Swap welcomes all plant parents, old and new. If, however, this is your first swap, here are some general guidelines:
- Bring a box, crate, or reusable bag to carry your plant haul with to and from the swap;
- Keep in mind that most swappers will be looking for indoor plants.
- Both full, potted plants and cuttings (rooted and unrooted) are welcome, but please make sure all of your plants are healthy, disease-, and pest-free;
- There is no limit to how many plants and cuttings you could bring - bring as many as you'd like to trade;
- Rooted and unrooted cuttings should either be in water, in Ziploc bags, or have their roots or the cut end of the stem in a damp paper towel or some damp moss, and then wrapped in plastic to retain moisture;
- Label each plant with its name along with your Instagram username, so your new friends can look up both you and care instructions for their new plants! Some people use anything from stickers, to tape, to popsicle sticks;
- Always ask politely to trade. Unless explicitly stated by the owner, do not assume that there are any free plants. Do not take plants that are not with their owner;
- Do not take it personally if another swapper declines your offer for a trade - they might be looking for a specific plant to swap for, or they simply have no interest in your offer;
- Trading up is absolutely okay! Don't be surprised if someone trades with someone else a plant you traded with them;
If you're a ceramicist, artist, or some kind of artisan, plant-related items like planters, plant stands, macramé, art, and other gardening accessories, may be brought instead of or in addition to plants;
Be kind, be respectful, and most of all, have fun!
Summer Swap will be held at WYLDBNCH inside The Container Yard, at 800 E. 4th St., Los Angeles, CA 90013. The shop will be open during the swap, and all participants will receive a 10% discount off of their purchase for the day.
There will be plenty of street parking, but carpooling is recommended.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the hosts on Instagram for any questions or concerns! You may also shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com
Please note tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE!